April 12, 2011

Here Fishy, Fishy

Hubby went on a fishing trip with my dad recently and caught fish... a lot of fish, specifically bass. It took us a few hours after he got back to clean it, cut it, and bag it. We got a vacuum sealer so the fish can stay fresher longer. I think he brought back about an 8 month supply if we have fish once a week! In case you're wondering, his shirt says "Trust me I'm a doctor." I've tried to throw it out, but it's his favorite. Aside from fishing being super fun for the boys, it's a great skill to keep handy, like gardening and hunting and sewing. I love being married to a man that can not only catch the fish, but fry it up as well. Doesn't he look so cute in his apron?



My dad likes to batter his fish, coat it in saltine crackers, and deep fry it, which is delectable. I like to season mine with dry mustard, season salt, dill, and pepper (or some variation of seasonings). After it's done, Hubbies drizzles honey over the top for some extra sweetness.


To make delicious fish tacos, shred purple cabbage and mix with freshly crushed pineapple. Melt some delicious Mexican cheese between two corn tortillas.




The last step is my favorite, combine the ingredients (add some extra cheese a little tomato and/or cilantro) and EAT! Ooh and when you go to the store to get your Mexican cheese, don't forget to pick up a cold, creamy horchata.


The kiddos actually enjoyed eating the fish too, not in taco form though. Jeepers gets excited and yells, "Nemo! Nemo!"

3 comments:

  1. that's a big fish the "trust me I'm a doctor" caught! Nice job. I will have to try your seasoning recipe. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love fish tacos! Alyson, I'm loving your blog! Keep it up. Totally inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love good fish tacos and these sound so delish. Love Jon's shirt too- any place I can pick one up?

    ReplyDelete